What We Offer
Often referred to as a commissary kitchen, kitchen incubator, cooperative kitchen, or test kitchen, “Chill” provides fully equipped, commercially licensed shared-use kitchens available for rent by the hour. We’ve taken the considerable financial risk of opening and operating a commercial kitchen and reduced it to a fixed cost on which to base your business plans. In addition, our hourly rates mean you only pay for what you use, removing the burden of long leases for small or young businesses. You can start with us, grow with us, and when the time is right, move from our kitchen into your own.
Hours are 6 am – 6 pm | 7 days a week.
Hourly Kitchen * Rates
- $30 / Hour – Min. 10 Hours / Month
- $60 / Deep Fryer
- $100 Deep Fryer Cleaning Fee
We understand that storage space needs can fluctuate with each tenant and each job. If you have a special need for storage, let us know and we will try to work with you as best as possible.
Monthly Storage Rates (per month)
- Cages – $50
- Cooler Shelf – $20
- Freezer Shelf – $20
- Open Rack Storage – $10
- Under Table Storage – $20
- Extra Equipment Storage – To be determined
Before reserving kitchen time with Chill Events & Venues., as well as during any use of our facilities, clients must:
- Have signed the latest Operating Agreement with Chill Events & Venues , and received The Policy Handbook.
- Provide proof of an approved Certified Food Service Manager Certification, and carry the original certificate during any kitchen use. At least one staff person with your business must be a Certified Food Service Manager when using Chill Events & Venues.
- Apply for and complete food service plan review and licensure by the Wayne County Michigan Health Division.
- If producing food items for re-sale you must obtain a Michigan Department of Agriculture Food Establishment License.
- Provide proof of product and general liability insurance coverage, with a minimum of $1 million dollars per occurrence and $2 million aggregate, with Chill and Detroit Architectural Metals Company listed as additional named insured, and maintain such policy for the duration of any kitchen use.
- Pay a one time, conditionally, refundable security deposit of $300.