What We Offer
Often referred to as a commissary kitchen, kitchen incubator, cooperative kitchen, or test kitchen, “Chill” provides fully equipped, commercially licensed shared-use kitchens available for rent by the hour. We’ve taken the considerable financial risk of opening and operating a commercial kitchen and reduced it to a fixed cost on which to base your business plans. In addition, our hourly rates mean you only pay for what you use, removing the burden of long leases for small or young businesses. You can start with us, grow with us, and when the time is right, move from our kitchen into your own.
Hours – 7am to 7pm / 7 days a week
Hourly Kitchen * Rates
Commissary – Partial Kitchen / Non-Cooking:
$30 / Hour ( Min 10 Hrs / Month – 1 Year Contract ) – Includes use of 2 Prep Tables, Small Cooler & 3 Compartment Sink.
Full * Kitchen Use / Cooking:
$40 / Hour – ( Min 10 Hrs / Month – 1 Year Contract ) – Includes use of 2 Prep Tables, Coolers, 3 Compartment Sink, Prep Sink, Grill, Flat Top and 6 Burner Oven.
$80 / Hour – ( No Min. Hours Usage – No Contract ) – Includes use of 2 Prep Tables, Coolers, 3 Compartment Sink, Prep Sink, Grill, Flat Top and 6 Burner Oven.
- $60 / Deep Fryer
- $100 Deep Fryer Cleaning Fee
SECURITY DEPOSIT: $500 (conditionally refundable)
STANDARD OPERATION PROCEDURES (SOP’s)
SHARED KITCHEN RENTAL USE :
– Each operator must be Licensed separately, by the Health Department and may not operate under Chill‘s food service license.
– An operators license may not be transferred from one person to another person, from one food establishment to another, or from one type of operation to another operation.
– Each operator must return the kitchen clean and in the originally rented condition.
– Each operator must provide a copy of their current License from the Detroit Health Department and proof of product and general liability as well as Property insurance coverage, with a minimum of $1 million dollars per occurrence and $2 million aggregate, with Chill and Detroit Architectural Metals Company listed as additional named insured, and maintain such policy for the duration of any kitchen use.
– Each operation will receive a Member login password for renting kitchen time.
– No more than one operator may use the kitchen at one time.
– The operators Mobile Food Establishment Commissary Verification Form will be cancelled and the Detroit Health Department will be notified, if any of Chill‘s SOP‘s are violated, for non payment of any amounts due or for any returned payments.